- Men occasionally pick their noses while talking to you
- Many women have booty a la Venus of Monpazier
- Most people shuffle rather than walk – to save energy.
- Swahili has adopted a lot of vocabulary from other languages (Arabic, English etc)
- The common way of ‘swahilifying’ an outsider word is to add ‘i’ , so chips becomes chipsi, police > polisi, report > reporti, and the collective term for ‘tuktuk’ type scooter rickshaws is derived from the Indian scooter manufacturer
Bajaj – you guessed it: bajaji.